Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Verdict is In...Maybe

So, the doctor wasn't positive due to the baby's positioning. But he said he is about 75% sure that....


But, because her legs were so close together, he said not to run out and paint the nursery pink just in case he was wrong. Which I totally understand. My little sister was a boy until the day she was born! So, Bo and I are just going to stick with neutral until the baby is born. Then we will invest in pink (or blue), just to be safe. We are however going to just say "It's a girl" now, when people ask...just to prevent the hassle. Girls run strong on both sides of our families, so I would probably be more surprised if it was a boy anyhow!

Anyway, doc is making me check my blood pressure three times a day now. The protein in my urine was a little higher than what it should be, but nothing to put baby or I in danger any time soon. My blood pressure was a bit high as well, so that is why he wants me to monitor it. Of course, the high blood pressure is a huge sign of pre-eclampsia. That is how we caught it with my daughter. So I understand why he wants me to take extra precaution. He says if it gets about 150/90 to come in before my next appointment. It's obvious I DO have the pre-eclampsia, we just don't know the severity of it yet. So far, it isn't bad and is under control, but I am on the high risk list because of it.


Doctor also confirmed I have SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction). Gives me a real excuse not to use the stairs anymore! Haha! No, in all reality, he told me to get a prenatal cradle and wear it 2-3 hours a day, stay off my feet as much as possible (I find this hilarious), no heavy housework, and to gently bounce on a yoga ball throughout the day. I ordered the prenatal cradle and the yoga ball yesterday. The prenatal cradle was expensive and for as much as I paid for it, it better give me some relief. It looks like a jock strap for pregnant women:


Not exactly the sexiest thing on the market, but from what I have read, it works. So my husband will have to deal with how unbearably sexy this thing makes me look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment