Monday, October 24, 2011

Knock, Knock

2.5 hours and counting....

Yes, that is how much longer it is until my next OB appointment where I will A) HOPEFULLY get to find out if I am carrying a boy or a girl and B) find out exactly how bad this pre-eclampsia is or could be.


So, as I was doing laundry yesterday and walking down the hall, I started laughing at the automatic lights. The halls in this hotel are equipped with those lights that automatically turn on when you walk by and I just burst out laughing because I remembered how much my daughter loves the lights. She thinks they are absolutely the most amazing thing she ever saw and loves the "magic in the lights". Yes, it is the simple things in life that make you smile!

But, then again, doing laundry...yes, what a pain. So, I went to run some loads of clothes. No problem. I finally found an open washer and ran my first load. I came back after I knew it was finished and noticed that the washer next to me was finished, as well as the dryer, but no one had moved the laundry over yet. I shrugged and switched over my own laundry and left. Well, an hour later, I came back to take my clothes out of the dryer and put in the next load...I still had two more loads to wash at this time...and looked over and that same load was still sitting there. An hour later. It really made me a bit irate that someone would do this. Seriously, keep track of your laundry. I make sure that if I have to leave while my laundry is going, I am not going longer than the time it takes for my clothes to wash or dry. So, I took those clothes out of the dryer, put them on the table, loaded the dryer with the wet clothes and started it. Then, I proceeded to put my last load in the washer. Was what I did wrong? I just wanted my clothes done faster and if that washer or dryer had been going, or even if it was a different set of clothes, I wouldn't have touched it, but still...that someone would leave their clothes there...in a public laundry room...for that long? It just annoys me and I would expect that if I had done that, for someone to do the same to me. 


I can't wait until I have my own washer and dryer again....

So this morning, after my husband left for work, I asked him to put the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign in the lock so housekeeping would wait to come by because I wanted to take a shower, but not be bothered by someone coming into the room. So I get into the shower and I hear my husband leave. About five minutes later, I hear my dog barking. I holler at her and tell her to be quiet, but she keeps up. So, I wrap myself in a towel and open the bathroom door where I hear this "knock, knock" at my door, followed by the words, "housekeeping". Well, I am a little irate. I figure my husband must have forgotten to put in the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign and go to answer the door. There, is the maid looking at me puzzled. I look into the door lock and low and behold the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign was right where it was suppose to me. I arch a brow and say, "Yes?" She asks, "Do you want housekeeping today?" I look down at the sign and back up to her...still standing there in my towel and say, "Can you come back in a little bit?" She looks at me and sighs, "When do you want me to come back?" Now...I am getting a little angry. "In an hour or so, please?" I say, trying not be rude even though secretly I wanted to throw the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign at her face. She huffs and rolls her eyes and says, "okay" and walks away. I'm a like SERIOUSLY?! REALLY?! I understand that a lot of people around here do not understand English, but during their training on maid service, maybe they should have been aware on what the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign means. I had never seen the woman before, so I assume she must be new. But still. It is annoying. I just wanted a nice, uninterrupted shower which is hard enough to get around here when you have a five year old. No, I will not miss having someone make my bed and take out my trash once we get our own place because at least I can have freaking privacy when I want it!!! 


Have I mentioned that I want my own place now???

No comments:

Post a Comment