Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tired Tuesday

Yesterday, Bo and I attended the Budget for Baby class. It was informative, and we got a lot a free things, which was nice. I wasn't too impressed with the blankets that were given out...I am not a big one on cartoon themes and I got a Clifford the Big Red Dog...but hey, its a blanket. Beggars can't be choosers, right? It will keep the kid warm!

After school, I picked up the kiddo and took her over to the doctor to get some what I thought were warts on the back of her leg checked out. Turns out they are some sort of mole, but they are spreading and the doctor doesn't like that, so he is referring her to a dermatologist to have them removed. That sounds horrible. I remember as a kid having to get warts burned off the back of my leg every year because they always came back. It was very painful and of course the smell of burning flesh wasn't very pleasant either. I really hope that Amélie doesn't have to go through something like that. I don't know if I could handle watching her cry, because I know EXACTLY how it feels.

While we were there, I asked him about a spot on her lip that I assumed was a cold sore. She is very prone to them since she had Stomatitis back when she was two. She gets them often, but this sore kept coming up over and over. It would go away and then reappear. I mean, she has had it three times since we moved here and we haven't been here a whole two months yet! So I figured I would ask what I could do.

Turns out, it isn't a cold sore, it is Moniliasis. According to wiseGEEK.com "Moniliasis is another term for candidiasis, an infection caused by yeast in the genus Candida, particularly C. albicans. This term references the former genus name for Candida, Monilia, and people may also use terms like “thrush” to refer to the same infection. Treatments are available to manage moniliasis, and in some cases, patients may need to be hospitalized to manage complex or concurrent infections, especially if they have underlying health issues."

So the doctor put her on some antibiotics and said he wanted to see her back in a week. BLAH!

After I got her meds, I got my B-12 shot and went over to TriCare to try and get reimbursed for that medication I had to get on the economy. By the time we got there, they were closed, so I was a little irate. I still had to go to the commissary to get some things, but I was so tired, I just ended up getting microwavable lasagna for dinner. I couldn't picture myself having to drag a bunch of groceries up to the hotel room as tired as I was yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment