Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas Presents vs Birthday Presents

I think I spend entirely too much time in front of the computer. There are actually times I just sit here, at the desk, and stare at the screen, not necessarily doing anything...but staring. Sometimes, I think that if I sit here and stare at the screen, that something inspiring will come. Maybe one day.

So today I bought Amélie's "big" Christmas gift. I always try to get her something bigger or a little more expensive (something she really, really wants) for Christmas each year. Then of course, she gets a few little cheap things as well. So anyway, her "big" Christmas gift this year is a Nintendo DSi. They had a really good deal on it at the BX/PX this week. Bo and I discussed it for awhile and it was one of the two things she asked for and we figure she will get a lot more use out of the DSi and it will last longer than the Polly Pocket Air Plane she wants. Yes, it was more expensive, but honestly, knowing my daughter, she will appreciate this more. And on the bright side, they had the DSi in her favorite color...pink.


Speaking of presents, Amélie's birthday gift I ordered her came in this week. Since she loves to bowl so much, Bo and I got her her own bowling ball with matching bag.


The only thing that made me a little upset about this bowling ball was that since it was a custom order, there were no finger holes drilled in it which means we are going to have to make the 1.5hr trip up to Heidelberg before her birthday party to get finger holes drilled in the ball...all without her knowing it. Oh well.

I also finally found some rainboots on Amazon that I ordered. Along with snow boots and winter boots to keep my feet warm. I figured since I will be doing a lot of walking now...in the snow and rain...I should invest in something besides flip flops. My only thing about buying shoes online is that I can't try them on. My clothing size is pretty easy to figure out. Once and awhile something won't fit that generally does, but my shoe size ranges an entire size depending on the brand and type of shoe...I have always had this problem. Plus, being pregnant, my feet swell, so I never know from day to day what size I am going to wear. I went with my best instinct on these shoe purchases and all I can do is if they don't fit, send them back. It may take awhile to get my money back if that is the case, but what else can you do, right? But, I also ordered two pairs of wool socks as well...to keep my toes from freezing. Now, I just need some maternity tights to wear under my jeans! LoL I will NOT freeze this winter!!



No comments:

Post a Comment