Saturday, October 29, 2011

Girl Scouts, Halloween Parties, and Frustration

Yesterday was the kiddo's Halloween party at school. I volunteered to help out. I ended up getting there a a few minutes late because there was literally nowhere to park. It was a bit ridiculous. When I arrived, I ended up helping out with the "cookie station". The kids took Halloween cookies and decorated them with icing and sprinkles. I thought at first that it would be a complete disaster and that these kindergarteners would make a complete mess of this station, but in the end, the worst that happened was we had a couple licked plastic knives and sticky fingers. Although, I have to admit, watching these kids decorate cookies with icing...I could feel my blood sugar rising!

Right after the "cookie station" help, I had to run over and turn in the paper work for Amélie to join Girl Scouts. She will be a Daisy this year (her first year doing Girl Scouts) and if everything works out, she will be on the same troop as her close friend, Annie (Annie's mom is also the troop leader, so I hope this works out since I know her pretty well). She and Bo will also be attending the Father-Daughter Dance next Saturday. Amélie seems excited about it. I was really hoping that we would have our place and stuff by then so I wouldn't have to buy a formal dress for her to wear (she has several), but it looks like that isn't going to happen.


On that note, after I turned in the paper work for the Girl Scouts, I went over to housing to turn in our 6th TLA (temporary lodging allowance) paperwork and to check on the status of our apartment. Needless to say, it looks like we will be turning in a 7th TLA because even though the people moved out 12 days ago, the place hasn't even gone through maintenance. Which really frustrates me. I asked the lady what needed to be done and she said that it needed to be cleaned and painted and that there was loaner furniture in the apartment from the previous tenants. She informed us that if we wanted to, we could move in while the loaner furniture was there and just have it picked up when our stuff was delivered and I told her "YES!" I just want out of this hotel. If it were up to me, we would have been in there already. Seriously, I could of had it cleaned and painted MYSELF by now if they would have allowed it. She called maintenance and told them that the place needed to be cleaned ASAP because as of Monday, we are past our 60 day TLA original allowing. We already had to have the commander sign off on 1 extra day and now we have to have her sign off of 10 more. It's just getting annoying. I am so tired of living in a hotel and housing keeps giving us the run around. GRRRR!!!!!

Anyway, after I dealt with all that mess, I went back over to the school to help out some more. I got there just in time to eat a hotdog and help with clean-up. I didn't intend to be gone so long, but housing really dealt me a fit.

When I got back to the hotel, I passed out on the couch. It was a good thing I set the alarm on my phone or I would have slept right through the time when I was suppose to go pick up the kiddo from school! The kiddo played for a little while on the playground with Annie and then we all headed over to the PX/BX where we picked up a few things we needed and spent some time in the Christmas section of the store. I found a tree I really want to get to replace the one we have which looks terribly pitiful. Now, if I can just convince Bo to get it for me...well, if we have a house to put up a Christmas tree!!!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment