Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Carmex

After school let out, I took Amélie over to her doctor's appointment. We ended up being slightly late because I got behind a line of school buses and couldn't figure out how to go around them and by the time I did, they started moving. I think everyone on post who was driving around me probably thought I was an idiot, but I am still a little unsure about the German traffic laws and I would rather not get a ticket or even worse cause an accident.

So the doctor said that Amélie's lip thrush was much better, but she needed to stop licking her lips. She keeps a constant red, dry ring around her lips from where she keeps licking them. Bo and I keep putting Carmex on it to prevent her from doing so and to heal the chapped skin, but it seems no matter how much we tell her, she continues to do it. Maybe coming from a doctor, she might listen a little more now!



After the appointment, we headed over to TriCare and I filled out the forms for my reimbursement for my prescription I had to get filled off post and made the appointment for Amélie with the dermatologist. That appointment is set up for 1 December. I am a little worried that they are going to burn or cut these moles off, I don't really want to have to see her go through that, but a friend of mine told me that usually German doctors use stuff like that as a last resort and hopefully they will try an herbal remedy that will work first. I hope this is the case because I remember getting warts cauterized off my leg every summer for years and how painful it was. I don't want to have to see my daughter go through the same thing.

Housing told Bo yesterday to check back today on the status of the apartment. Hopefully, we will have good news. Keep your fingers crossed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment