Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bowling Balls & Dances

Friday night, we drove to Heidelberg to get the finger holes drilled into my daughter's bowling ball....trying to do it secretively of course, since it was after all, her birthday present. I told her we had to measure her fingers so we know what size of bowling ball to use when we go bowling. So, we drove the hour and a half to Heidelberg, got her fingers measured, and the guy said it would take about 10 minutes to do. We decided to drive around the post for a few minutes and come back. On our way out the door, the guy comes running out and asks my husband if he still has the receipt for the ball. I waited with the kid, and just a few minutes later, out comes my husband with the box that held the bowling ball. Amélie got into the car, and Bo took me around to the trunk and opened the box. There lie Amélie's future birthday present, cracked all the way around in two different directions. Turns out that the balls are cracking because the resin in the bowling ball makes it's way to the bottom of the ball and settles there so the rest of the ball has nothing to keep it together and with the change in temperature, altitude, and humidity the ball splits. Light weight balls have hardly any outer shell because they have to be made so light, so there is nothing to really keep the resin inside when we experience these changes. Bo asked in Heidelberg if they sold balls there that were that light (she can't really hold anything heavier than a 7) and they said no because of that reason right there....they crack. I didn't completely understand because I know when we go bowling, Amélie using a size six ball, so they have to aquire these balls somehow, right? So now, we are in the process of contacting the company to try and get a refund for this ball that we paid a pretty penny for, and unfortunately, it looks like we might just be out the money because I didn't purchase the warranty, and it has been past the 15 day return point. This is really upsetting since Amélie never even got to use it.

Now...I have to rack my brain and try to figure out another birthday present before her party. If I order something, it isn't guaranteed to get here in time, so it will have to be something I can get locally. She dropped the ball yesterday that she wants an Easy Bake Oven, so that just might be what she will be getting. Besides, Bo says she is about to be six years old, time to start learning how to cook! LoL



Last night, Amélie and her dad went to the Father-Daughter Dance hosted by the Girl Scouts. Amélie was absolutely beautiful. I looked at her and got all teary-eyed thinking about how my little girl is growing up!

Amélie ready to go to the dance!

My beautiful little girl!

Definitely not a baby anymore!

Gorgeous!!

While we were sitting and doing her hair, she told me, "Mommy, I am scared. What if I don't know anybody or don't dance very well?" I smiled and told her that if she got scared or nervous to just tell Daddy and he would bring her back home. She decided that was alright and they went.

When they got back, Amélie told me, "This was the best night of my life!"



No comments:

Post a Comment