Monday, November 7, 2011

Where is the Pause Button?

Yesterday, I finally got around to borrowing someone's blood pressure monitor. I really hated to have to buy one since I already own one and it is in storage which hopefully we will be getting into soon! We were told that maintenance should be at our apartment today, which should put us in our place this week. *fingers crossed*


I spent the morning cutting out Amélie's birthday invitations with the broken scissors that were so graciously provided for us in our hotel room. Let me tell you, it is pretty difficult to cut a straight line when your scissors only have one handle. 

When I took the kiddo to school, I informed the assistant teacher who stands outside and gathers the kids before class starts that Amélie had birthday party invitations to hand out to the class today. Mrs. Edgar (the assistant teacher) looked at Amélie and said, "So you are turning 25, right?" I laughed and told her not to jump ahead! She smiled at me and informed me that it seems that way to her because Amélie was not only so much more intelligent that her peers, but very mature for her age. I had mixed feelings about this statement. I was happy and proud that my child could be determined intelligent and mature beyond her years, but a part of me wanted to cry too. What happened to my baby? She needs to slow down! She's going to be a teenager in the blink of an eye and there is nothing I can do to slow time down.

Growing up, I use to think that it took FOREVER for Christmas or my birthday to come around, and it would be even LONGER before I would grow up and have kids of my own. I look back and think sometimes, "Wow, that seems just like it happened last week!" And then I look at my soon to be six year old and think, "Wait, wasn't she born just yesterday?" Growing up and having kids seems to make time speed up while all we want when we are little is for it to be this way. It seems like a minute is an hour and an hour is a day and a day is a life time. All I want to do now is press the pause button!


No comments:

Post a Comment