Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sprechen Sie Englisch?

Today started out lovely, after I got the kid off to school (of course she complained the entire way because she didn't like how her dress fit but refused to change clothes), and kissed the hubby goodbye as he left for work, I went down to the second floor to do some laundry (if you didn't know, we are still living in a hotel).

So, I get downstairs and there is only one washer open. I figure, "Alright, I will put one load in down here and go up to the fourth floor to do the other load." So after I load my first load into the wash, I head upstairs. All three washers are full. I decide to go up to the sixth floor and try there.

When I entered the sixth floor laundry room, one washer was going, two others were empty. There was a puddle on the floor with a shirt in it, but I figured someone just must have spilled something. I tossed some socks into the washer and heard them slosh. Ugh. There was stinky water in the bottom of the washer. I pulled the socks out, which were now soaked with this old washer water and tossed them into the second washer and loaded it with the rest of the load. I closed the door, put in the soap and pressed the "ON" switch. Nothing. I looked over and saw that several lights were blinking. I sighed and pulled my clothes out only to find that everything on the bottom was now wet and smelly. I angrily tossed everything into the dryer and stormed off, figuring that I would come back up and take the clothes from the dryer and back down to the second floor and put them into the washer I was using on the first load once it was finished.

So after 3 hours, I got two loads of laundry finished. Not too bad, I guess. I shouldn't be so greedy when it comes to washers. Patience is a virtue, right? I'm just moody...I blame it on pregnancy, my husband blames it on me being female (Ppppfffftttt).


I had to pick up the kiddo from school early today due to a dentist appointment. She had her appointment at 12.30 and I had mine at 12.50. Turns out Amélie is doing great and just needs a cleaning.



Mine on the other hand, needs a cleaning AND a filling, but they won't do that until after the baby is born so they can get some proper x-rays.


After the dentist, we headed over to the local hospital, to my appointment with the doctor to review my glucose levels. As soon as I walked through the hospital doors, some man approached me and (I THINK) tried to sell me insurance or something to do with a health plan. Fortunately for me, all I had to say was, "Sprechen Sie Englisch?" He looked at me and shook his head saying "Nein". I was honestly a bit thankful for that!

Anyway, turns out my glucose levels are a bit high at night (probably from living at the Marriott for a month and eating sandwiches and Ramen Noodles the entire time). It should go down now that I can actually COOK dinner in this hotel since we have a stove top.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from Amélie's art teacher at school asking permission to post one of Amélie's artwork pages on the Artsonia Art Museum website. Apparently, this is a high recongition for children at her school and a select few get posted. Here is the picture that was posted and a link to the page if you would like to view Amélie's statements on her artwork (called "Masterpiece"), comment on it, and/or join her online fan club.


As for now, I think I am going to relax a bit. Tomorrow the hubby and I have our SNO tour of downtown Stuttgart (permitting CDC calls me back and lets me know if there is a spot available for Amélie after school). I am thinking a hot bath will ease my back, or perhaps, I can convince the husband of a massage....ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment