Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Couch Sleeping

Last night, I was convinced that Amélie would be able to return to school today. That all changed when she came into my room about 2AM and told me her stomach was hurting. I helped her back in bed (just as Mckenna was awakening for her breakfast) and turned to leave...she started vomiting again. So, like a good mommy, I held her hair back for her as she threw up in the bucket we had set beside her bed and I could hear Mckenna screaming from my bedroom (she is still in the bassinet next to our bed), my husband sleeping through the entire thing. Amélie finishes and I get her tucked back in, the bucket cleaned out, and her a fresh glass of water to sip on and put Mckenna's bottle in the warmer, returning to my bedroom to retrieve Mckenna, change her diaper and feed her.



This has been my life for the past three days...

Did I mention that Mckenna never goes back to sleep in her bassinet after her 2AM feeding? No. Why? I am not sure, but the only way I can get her to sleep is to lie on the couch with her tummy down on my chest. I was asked, "Why don't you try lying her down on her tummy in her bassinet?" Um, no. I am one of those moms who worry about SIDS. I make sure is on her back with a pacifier in her mouth. The only way she is sleeping on her tummy, is if she is on top of me so I can feel her every move. Because of this, I spend most nights...early mornings on the couch.


So, this morning, Amélie was very upset that she would be missing another day of school and Girl Scouts this afternoon. Thankfully, she has been feeling better and has kept down what she has eaten (so far *fingers crossed*). I made her drink Pedialyte in order to keep her hydrated, that which she didn't like, but I don't want her to end up in the hospital.

Anyway, Mckenna is crying. Past time for her to head to bed and Bo seems to be getting a little frustrated. If I want to get sleep tonight, I should get her down. I am starting my diet and exercise plan on Monday, I will be getting up earlier anyhow. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment