Monday, March 26, 2012

The Chaotic Adventures Me

Wow, seems like my chaotic adventure never ends!!

I know I haven't posted recently...again, but geeze, life is hard lately! Even now, I am rushing to write this, hoping the baby will sleep in her crib long enough for me to get a word or two in!!

Ok, so Mckenna will be 11 weeks old this Wednesday! Its crazy how time flies. We are slowly trying to get her to sleep in her crib. So far, with little success. I would like her in there...all night...by herself...by 3 months, and that gives me about 20 days left! Eep! LoL

Anyway, so she's been pretty healthy so far. A bit behind on her age, but the doctor assures me she is fine for her "gestational" age. He said for about the first year she would be behind about a month since she was a preemie and I shouldn't worry, she was developing and growing just fine.

At her last appointment she weighed in at just over 10lbs and over 21 inches long. At birth she was just at 5lbs and 17inches long. So I would say she is doing great!



She is more alert these days and beginning to reach out to things. She smiles and laughs when you do something funny (permitting she is in a good mood).

But, last week, I discovered a lump about the size of a quarter on the top of her head. I took her to the doctor on Monday where he assured me that there was 100% nothing to worry about. My gut kept telling me otherwise. Thursday I took her in for a second opinion. The doctor there told me there was something definitely not normal and it should be looked into. He says she has a lipoma. A lipoma is a benign tumor composed of adipose tissue. It is very rare in children and usually happens in adults between the ages of 40 and 60. He has scheduled an ultrasound to make sure it isn't growing and to make sure it isn't a liposarcoma which is what he is worried about. Liposarcomas are cancerous tumors in fatty tissues. He says 9 times out of 10, it isn't cancer and usually, unless it is growing or becomes painful, the lipoma doesn't need anything done to it and won't harm her in any way. We just want to take precaution.

So this week, I have to go in and make an appointment to get ANOTHER ultrasound done on my baby. This will be her fourth one. She had to have one on her hips because at birth she had hip displaysia, which is now gone...and she has acid reflux, but the wanted to make sure it wasn't polystenosis so she had to have an ultrasound done on her bowels. She went into the ER for severe constipation where she had one done to see how bad it was...she ended up having an enema after that one. It just seems to be one thing after another. Hopefully, she will be in the clear and we can have no more ultrasounds!!

By the way, she is now on Enfamil AR formula for the reflux and it seems to be working really well. The cereal was constipating her...so we got switched and it is working great!

Anyway, I took the girls to the zoo on Friday with some of my friends from MOPS. Amélie had a blast. Mckenna, of course, slept 90% of the time in her stroller.


Amélie at the zoo.


I also took some pictures of Mckenna last week. As you can tell, she wasn't impressed....

Yea...she was mad.

They would have been awesome pictures if she wasn't screaming the entire time. Oh well. She has a photoshoot next week. Maybe they can get better pictures than I can.

That's it for now. Looks like Mckenna may be stirring in her crib. 

No comments:

Post a Comment